<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

c3 c3 Aug 4, 2:36am 1
what is rss ? Why would I need it? I have Email?

Watch this video for a quick overview on What Rss is and Why you should consider using it.


news.zdnet.com/2036-2_22-5794601.html
[zdnet.com]


I suggest you use the Sage extention for Firefox
sage.mozdev.org [mozdev.org]




Use Pluck for Internet Explorer


pluck.com [pluck.com]

As Shown in the above Video: Here is an example of a page that has Rss Feeds:

Notice the Orange Boxes with "Xml"

news.zdnet.com/html/z/xml.html [zdnet.com]



I used "Feed Burner" To Combine My Blogger- and my delicious Feeds!! Pretty Cool..I thought


This is some of other the stuff I am just starting to figure out
I must say it's pretty cool so far




I used "Feed Burner" To Combine My Blogger- and my delicious Feeds!!
Powered by FeedBurner
From what I see so far it is fairly easy to set up.
If you like numbers you can see all kinds of stats from your Rss Feed.

Here's what other stumblers are saying: stumbleupon.com/url/www.feedburner.com/fb/a/homehttp://www.stumbleupon.com/... [stumbleupon.com]

feedBurners Web Reviews
informationweek.smallbizpipeline.com/166403799 [smallbizpipeline.com]
" Blog publishing is a fairly simple matter, especially with a service like Blogger or TypePad. However, trying to publicize your blog, track subscribers, find out what articles are most popular, and get other statistical analyses is another matter. Enter FeedBurner, an online service that provides tools to publicize and analyze your blog traffic, along with a host of services designed to enhance your feed."
problogger.net/archives/2005/04/21/feedburner-review-work-boxers/ [problogger.net]

More:


RSS TheBig List:
Everything you can do with RSS:timyang.com/wiki/doku.php [timyang.com]

Its A "Wiki" So you can add to this Collabertive Web site if you know of even more Rss Uses.
BlackHat BlackHat Hide post · Block BlackHat Aug 8, 3:24am 2
Thanks
invent invent Hide post · Block invent Aug 9, 1:09am 3
Thanks for putting this together C3 :)
MagusMan MagusMan Hide post · Block MagusMan Aug 9, 5:56am 4
This is great. I didn't know anything about RSS before. Now I'm subscribed to fourteen feeds, and adding more daily. Thanks!
c3 c3 Hide post Aug 9, 10:24am 5
I am Glad we all can help each other! That's what's this is all about.



MORGINE's blogs are incredible! I think She is extremely Talented as
she already is a Top Stumbler!I hope she does not mind me
singleing her out but I was blown away when I saw how good of a job she Does!


Morgaine LeFaye Net : Blog


Morgaine LeFaye @ Multiply


Morgaine @ Spurl.net


Morgaine LeFaye @ Wists

Stumbler Of the Year!
She gets my
Vote!


Morgaine



morgaine.stumbleupon.com [stumbleupon.com]

Morgaines blogs and feed are incredible !

Do a scan for feeds on her page and you will see she has all kinds of incredible
Rss feeds and links on her page her page!

morgaine.stumbleupon.com [stumbleupon.com]
She has her Rss feeds some how broken in Categories which is
another thing that really impressed me.

How she did it all; I am not really sure? But I'd Like to Learn....



So I suggest you visit her page with you Sage Client. Go to tools: Open Sage and
click the Magnifying glass on the sage client and do a search.



By clicking the magnifying glass in the Sage client it will search pages for Rss
type feeds



Morgaine LeFaye Net : Blog


Morgaine LeFaye @ Multiply


Morgaine @ Spurl.net


Morgaine LeFaye @ Wists




Morgaine
@Audioscrobbler
// @Multiply //
@Wists //

@OKCupid
//

@Spurl
// Streams
// Bloglines
//

Vote























SAGE INFO

sage.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page [wikicities.com]


  • Getting Started


    Learn how to work with Sage.
  • Sage
    News


    News about the Sage extension.


  • Comments and Suggestions


    What would you like to be able to do with Sage?


  • Error Reports


    Report any bugs and errors that you have found using Sage.


  • Feed Style Sheets


    Customize the appearance of rendered feeds using CSS.


  • Greasemonkey Scripts


    Customize the behaviour of rendered feeds using javascript.


  • Related Extensions



    Sidenote:I also have Fixed the Feeds on my Page
  • burgeswe burgeswe Hide post · Block burgeswe Aug 9, 12:34pm 6
    wow... after reading this I started playing with rss, and now I'm hooked! Slashdot, fark, even my gmail uses rss...totally awesome
    c3 c3 Hide post Aug 9, 1:39pm 7
    Good stuff burgeswe

    I did not know about Gmails Rss Capabilites Cool!
    Also if you have your feeds in Feedburner,

    You can point your feeds to Bloglines and My yahoo (checkout Bloglines
    Too:
    bloglines.com [bloglines.com]

    Go to your FeedBurner summary and select "view Xml" This pulls up a page
    like:feeds.feedburner.com/ClaytonsDiggFeed [feedburner.com]

    You then can click on the my yahoo icon and you can add your last 20 blog
    entries to your My YAhoo Front page.



    Subscribe with My Yahoo!
    .......Subscribe in NewsGator Online......Subscribe with Bloglines
    (as well a s Bloglines and newsgator)



    This is great if you use My yahoo. I do so I think it is cool.!

    You can add own Stumbleupon page feeds as well.
    So if Use"My Yahoo" you can quickly access your last Stumble Favorites or Thumbed sites
    as well as many other feeds like delicious etc. The key is to get them in
    FeedBurner and then veiw the XML page and click the
    on the Specific page.


    It usally puts the feed

    Subscribe with My Yahoo!
    in the bottom of middle
    column of the my Yahoo Feed.


    Stay posted: and

    please add to this as you can too! :)

    TS-guy TS-guy Hide post · Block TS-guy Aug 9, 10:52pm 8
    This is great c3- I also send thanks :-)
    c3 c3 Hide post Aug 10, 11:53am 9
    Another sage Screen shot:Free Image Hosting at <a rel=ImageShack.us [ImageShack.us]" />
    fastfret79 fastfret79 Hide post · Block fastfret79 Aug 12, 5:03pm 10
    Wow thanx c3! RSS is great - I've always wondered what it is. I'm using Thunderbird to view my feeds. I keep adding more and more.....

    Comments: Post a Comment

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

  • C3's Sports


    Archives



     StumbleUpons Tweaks & Tricks
    .........
    Discussion

    C3's Digg Feed  

    C3's Delicious Feed

  • C3's Sports

    C3's Clips and Games

    C3's Technology Thats on Fire